- Microsoft has filed for patents on operating system technology to place pop-up ads on the screen in response to users’ actions. This is great, since if they implement it, within a year they wouldn’t have 5% market-share. Users aren’t bothered by advertisements, but they hate anything that disrupts them, like pop-ups.
- One of the RIAA’s intimidation tactics was thrown out in court for not containing any non-generic information about the people they were accusing. Once again, the business model of suing customers runs into a hitch.
- Why we have IRB boards. It involves people having sex in bathrooms.
- Thompson didn’t sponsor a single piece of useful legislation in the Senate?
- Our Iraq policy is still crazy. But in the opposite way from how it used to be.
- Russia tests the world’s largest conventional weapon.
Slashdot heavy day. So it goes..